Accredited to: African Union - Denmark - Ethiopia - Finland - Ireland - Norway - Sweden - United Kingdom
LATEST BY AKP CAMBODIA:
 
EMBASSY
Home
Ambassadors' Profile
Gallery
Embassy Staff
Foreign Affairs
Visa
Cambodia-UK Relations
Cambodia-Denmark Relations
Cambodia-Finland Relations
Cambodia-Ireland Relations
Cambodia-Norway Relations
Cambodia-Sweden Relations
Cambodia-Ethiopia Relations
Cambodia-African Union Relations
 
COUNTRY INFORMATION
Cambodia
The Monarchy
Travel Guide
Tourism Board
Economy
Investment
 
GOVERNMENT
Senate
Legislature
Prime Minister
Parliament
Ministries
 
RELATED
Red Cross
ASEAN
Links
 Embassy  Home

 BACK
Cambodia Stock Exchange
Last updated: 2013
Trade & Investment Promotion Unit - Royal Embassy of Cambodia - London
With the basic purpose of achieving high economic growth by facilitating flows of capital, investment and reallocation of capital based on capital market mechanisms, in November 2006, The Ministry of Economy and Finance of the Kingdom of Cambodia and Korea Exchange signed a Memorandum of understanding on “the Development of the Securities Market in Cambodia”. Based on this Memorandum of Understanding, the Prime Minister, Samdech HUN Sen hosted an international conference in November 2007 and proclaimed to launch of the Cambodia Securities Market project.

In 2008, another Memorandum of understanding on the “Establishment of a Cambodia Securities Exchange in the Kingdom of Cambodia” was signed by the Ministry of Economy and Finance of the kingdom of Cambodia and Korea Exchange.

In March 2009, the Royal Government of Cambodia represented by the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and Korea Exchange (KRX) has signed a “Joint-Venture Agreement” to establish a stock Market (“The Cambodia Securities Exchange Co., Ltd”), as a public enterprise in accordance with the Law on the General Statutes of Public Enterprises.

The Cambodia Securities Exchange was then incorporated in February 23rd, 2010. In accordance with the Joint-Venture Agreement, the Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX) has been capitalized by both parties in which MEF owns 55% of the registered capital and KRX the remaining 45%.

In accordance with the Law on Issuance and Trading of Non-Government Securities, the CSX had been granted approval to function as market operator, clearing and settlement facility operator and depository operator.

On July 11, 2011, Cambodia opened its official stock exchange.

Listed Companies
Three state-owned enterprises have been instructed by the government to list their stocks for trading.

  1. Phnom Penh Water Supply (Energy & Utilities)
  2. Telecom Cambodia (Communications)
  3. Sihanoukville Autonomous Port (Commerce)

Member Institutions Licensed for Underwriting
The following brokerage firms hold membership to the CSX and are authorized to perform securities underwriting:

  1. Phnom Penh Securities Firm Plc.
  2. OSK Indochina Securities Limited
  3. Cambodia - Vietnam Securities Plc.
  4. Cana Securities Ltd.
  5. Campu Securities Plc.
  6. Tong Yang Securities (Cambodia) Plc.
  7. SBI Royal Securities Plc

 BACK
Find us at:
Visit us at:
Royal Embassy of Cambodia
64 Brondesbury Park
Willesden Green
London NW6 7AT

General Enquiries:
Tel: 020-8451 7850
Email: cambodianembassy@btconnect.com

Visa Enquiries:
Tel: 020-8451 7850
Email: visaenquiries@cambodianembassy.org.uk

Opening Hours:
Monday - Friday (Except Cambodian Public Holidays)

9.30 AM to 4.30 PM (General)
9.30 AM to 12.30 PM (Consular Section)

PUBLICATIONS
Press Release
Business In Brief
Ambassador's Responses

ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORK


 
64 Brondesbury Park, Willesden Green London NW6 7AT | Tel: 020-8451 7850 | Fax: 020-8451 7594
Copyright 2014 © All rights reserved | contact us | acknowledgements